Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Links: June 24, 2009

Stupid people deserve pain.

FIREWORK NUTSHOT FAIL - Watch more Funny Videos

More detail about the fight to save passengers on the crashed Metro train. Even an embittered old soul like me chokes up at the description of helpless emergency workers trying for nearly an hour to extricate a young woman in horrific pain ... and failing.

Dan Balz does a decent job putting Mark Sanford's disappearance into context, explaining why anyone cares nationally. However, I feel that this makes the man a little more human, since I can guarantee that any of us in a high-stress, high-profile occupation with the wherewithal to take of for Argentina on a whim might do it as well. No matter what, I still think we need to use this to make a name for an off-the-cuff, off-the-radar vacation. I propose: A Sanford Siesta.
UPDATE: And now Sanford has admitted an affair and said that he went to Argentina with the woman. This story keeps getting better and better ...

Considering the movie is almost three years old now, shouldn't the Jesse James Hollywood trial be over by now? Oh well, it's still fun to read ...

Calm down, Apple stockholders, Steve Jobs is going to live.

Another good report from my favorite current reporter, Dana Milbank. Milbank had no problem calling out President Bush for having control over his questioners and now shows he is bipartisan in his oversight of the White House. Nice story, as always.
The Huffington Post, however, doesn't see it the same way. Since it was their reporter asking the staged question, I can see why ...

I understand putting the man's head into the soup, but duck?

I have long said that broadcast "journalists" are idiots, but I doubt anyone in the United States would have fallen for this. So, at least they aren't as stupid as some of their South American counterparts ...

The Associated Press gets strict. I will withhold judgment and not post this link to my Facebook nor comment about it on Twitter so as not to preclude myself from a future job with AP.

The new Wu-Tang track actually has me excited for their new studio album, due out July 30.

Hate to give Burger King some free publicity, but this is too funny. Thanks to Margaret for the heads-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment